Wrestlefan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wrestlefan

By the fans, For the fans

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?

Go down 
+3
luke michael mccoy
The Glamazon
TG Tonk
7 posters

Yes
Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Vote_lcap50%Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
No
Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Vote_lcap50%Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
TG Tonk
XCL Superstar
TG Tonk

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Empty
PostSubject: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:58 am

We all know what Benoit did, but does that make him unworthy to be inducted into the Hall of fame ?
Back to top Go down
The Glamazon
XCL Superstar
The Glamazon

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:54 pm

No, he should still be inducted into the HOF. What he did was such a small amount of his life and nothing to do with what he contributed to the business.

In someways WWE should be thankful, the shock of what Benoit did has forced them to improve their wellness stuff and shown just what being a professional wrestler can do to you if you don't take care of yourself.

All in all, I think Benoit's career as a wrestler deems him worthy to be in the HOF.
Back to top Go down
luke michael mccoy
XCL Superstar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Aww man this is tough and im inbetween yes he should for his hard work in the ring his titles being one of the best technical superstars in wrestling history then again no it would make what he did acceptable and thats just wrong murduring 2 people i cried for days after this tradgedy. but i have to say No It just does not seem right to me.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
XCL Writer
StuffOfLegends

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:16 am

I think this is about the 900th time I said this. No he should not. Hall of Fame members are remembered and put down in history as great. Benoit commited a crime that is so unspeakable and dispicable. The HOF was made to remember great people. In all honesty a person should never take those actions he did making him a monster in my eyes. It was unacceptable, inexcusable, and plain wrong. Do you want your 5 year old son to get into wretling have him browse through the HOF and find Benoit and find out what he did? Benoit is something that needs to be left in the past. We pray it will never happen again and move on. Benoit's career means nothing anymore. He was a guy that could wrestle, did some great matches. That did the most unhuman thing you can ever do. Benoit is a killer. There should be no respect paid to someone who can kill his wife, son, and himself. It is just illogical and wrong.
Back to top Go down
The Glamazon
XCL Superstar
The Glamazon

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 2:33 am

Quote :
Do you want your 5 year old son to get into wretling have him browse through the HOF and find Benoit and find out what he did?

Although what Benoit did was worse than anything in WWE history, the above point to me suggests any of the wrestlers that died of things like drug overdoses or steroid related deaths should also be exempt. Then there is the wrestlers that beat their wives and kids... should they be included?

The HOF is for respecting someone's career as a wrestler not what they've done in their personal lives.
Back to top Go down
Ready 2 Rumble
XCL Superstar
Ready 2 Rumble

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 10:56 am

No what Benoit did was wrong.
Back to top Go down
CMHL
XCL Superstar
CMHL

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:17 pm

Yes he should and heres why. The WWE Hall Of Fame is for good wrestlers, not good people. And Chris Benoit was a good wrestler so this is one of the only Hall Of Fames he can get in and should get in. Chris was a great wrestler, a world champion and he made HUGE mistakes at the end of his life. He might have had a sick mind and he might have made bad decisions but either way he was a good wrestler and deserves the HOF.
Back to top Go down
Wrestling_God
XCL Tag Team Champion
XCL Tag Team Champion
Wrestling_God

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Wrestlers aren't exactly top quality people or angels, if you haven't noticed. If being a good person was a requirement of being inducted, we'd have quite a small WWE Hall of Fame. I think he should be inducted, but they should wait a while for the emotions from this to settle down more.
Back to top Go down
The Glamazon
XCL Superstar
The Glamazon

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:33 am

Quote :
I think he should be inducted, but they should wait a while for the emotions from this to settle down more.
Considering they editted Flair's speech at this year's HOF I can't imagine him being inducted anytime soon (if ever) which is disappointing.
Maybe we'll live to see the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ?   Should Benoit be inducted into the WWE hall of fame ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1