Wrestlefan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wrestlefan

By the fans, For the fans

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ?

Go down 
4 posters

Yes
Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Vote_lcap56%Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
No
Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Vote_lcap44%Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
The Great Khali
Godfather
The Great Khali

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Empty
PostSubject: Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ?   Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:42 am

Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Reasons why/why not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestlefan.net
TG Tonk
XCL Superstar
TG Tonk

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ?   Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:15 am

I dont think that it does, think of guys like jimmy hart. He was great and couldnt wrestle to save his life.
Back to top Go down
kaveman1969
XCL Superstar
kaveman1969

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ?   Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:39 pm

I think it would.
Bobby Heenan used to wrestle on and off again in the old AWA with the Blackjacks and even Nick Bockwinkle at times, and he was one of the best managers out there.

Lou Albano, Fred Blassie, Arnold Skaaland, all wrestled before they were managers.

Now, I'm not saying it's a requirement, as there are lots of managers who have never wrestled and were great.

I just think knowing the business from the in ring side would give someone that much more of an edge as a manager.
Back to top Go down
Stinger
XCL Superstar

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ?   Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:38 am

Does wrestling really give an advantage ? Myself I dont think so.

Guys tend to do alot better in wrestling when they arent trying to turn themselves into a legend. Jimmy Hart is a great example of a manager that makes his guy the focus of the match, rather than getting a huge weasel chant, granted crowd reaction is a plus, but I think the fans should be reacting to the inring action, rather than the guy on the outside. If wrestling was really great their would be no need for managers at all. I dont like them and think they are a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ?   Does having a previous in ring career make a better manager ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1