Wrestlefan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wrestlefan

By the fans, For the fans

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

King Of The Ring 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Great Khali
Godfather
The Great Khali

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-02

King Of The Ring 2008 Empty
PostSubject: King Of The Ring 2008   King Of The Ring 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:30 pm

I dont mind Regal but was him winning the King of The Ring really a good move ? and does the King Of The Ring even mean anything anymore, besides an overused gimmick. Regal is the GM of RAW so personally I feel giving it to a guy who in theory shouldnt be an active wrestler, just really discredits any merit of the KOTR as a prize worth winning. Im not saying that Regal isnt worthy to be a KOTR , its just I feel it should be given to someone who has put effort in over the past year, kind of like a sign that this guy is going to be a future champ. For this reason I think either CM Punk, MVP or possibly Matt Hardy out of the wrestlers involved in this years KOTR.

After seeing the first two matches (jericho/MVP & hardy/punk) I thought hey this KOTR might actually be alright, but that soon changed. Besides the semi final between Jericho & Punk I didnt really think much of the rest of the tournament. Hornswoggle even being in it was such a waste of time, and I guess further proof the KOTR doesnt really mean anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestlefan.net
the instant classic
XCL Superstar
the instant classic

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: King Of The Ring 2008   King Of The Ring 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:14 am

I am so glad regal won it, i got a few resons why:

a) Regal has never had a far chance in his whole carrer in any promotion he has been in wheather it was wcw or WWE. This may give him a push towards the WWE title, I wouldnt say he should win but he would definentely put on one top match. Regal is by far oen of the toughest men ever to compete in the ring, he will ususally give all his match all he has got and has never been rewarded for this. so basically this is good to finally give regal the push he deserves.

b) Secondly Maybe wwe are planning for the future,even though regal is reaching the end he still has more gas in the engine then HHH,HBK and maybe even the undertaker. Regal could be great as a tough,cocky european heavyweight contender in the future and definentely get some guys over.

But im quite glad CM Punk did not win the KOTR, He is currently getting pushed and may receive the WWE title but he doesnt need this too. I enjoyed how punk played the fatigue style but quite a sad ending to the tournament but i dont think the tournament sucked i do think though that it was better then 2006.
Back to top Go down
WWEfan
XCL Superstar
WWEfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: King Of The Ring 2008   King Of The Ring 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 am

Honestly, classic, I have to say, I completely disagree with you on every point you said there buddy. King of the Ring 2008, after the first two matches, was really disapointing. I watched the first two matches, and I thought, wow, this is gonig to be really good. The Khali vs Finlay sucked, and I ws like "Still got one more", but no. That match was worse.

The final was dumb as well. An unactive wrestler, who is the GM of Raw, and an almost retired wrestler, in William Regal wins the tournament by beating a midget, an injured guy, and cheating through the final match? It disgraces the KOTR, and mocks it in every way. It's a total mess.

This is supposed to be on of the most credited torunaments of all time, hosting winners such as STCA, Bret Hart, HHH, and many more stars, but butchering it like this....was just terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Of The Ring 2008   King Of The Ring 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Of The Ring 2008
Page 1 of 1