Wrestlefan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wrestlefan

By the fans, For the fans

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raw Main Event

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StuffOfLegends
XCL Writer
StuffOfLegends

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Raw Main Event Empty
PostSubject: Raw Main Event   Raw Main Event Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 5:50 am

Okay the Raw Main Eventers are pretty much old news. Randy Orton needs someone new fresh and pretty much better then his current competition. Who do you think would help make the Main event scene better. The WWE has tons of talent that pretty much goes unused as they continue to push the same people for long, long, amounts of time.

First we have JBL, way out of his prime and would be better off comentating. And with Coach and Adamle not going over too well there are plently of jobs open. He is a big guy and cannot work well with the llittle guys like Y2J. He is stale and way past the point where anyone even cares about him anymore. He used to get tons of heat for coming out with a smile on his face and you wanted anyone to punch his square in the jaw and get rid of that smile. Now he is just JBL. Not really exciting.

Then we have Randy Orton. He has been champ for a while now and is doing an okay job. The best part of his reign was his feud with Jeff Hardy with the match at the Royal Rumble. Then winning the match at Mania. But I want to see him in the ring with new people so we can get some good new matches. Which is why the Jeff match was so good. Randy has been having matches with everyone in the Raw main event scene which is why they need to add some more people. After a while Randy Orton matches start to get repetative.

Triple H, we seen him feud with pretty much anyone who is big in the WWE. He is just so stale. He is getting older and if anything should be moving away from the WWE title and should start trying to get the younger guys over. Instead he crushes them and continues to stay in the title scene.

Finally John Cena. We seen him as champ and after a while, a long while, even his fans gave up on him. He had a really long title reign and frankly we do not need another one for a long time. We know what he is like as champ and no one really wants that again.

The Raw roster is very diverse and many people if used properly and pushed correctly can make for some very good matches. Here are some people who I think would make the Main Event better on Raw:
Mr. Kennedy (He would need to revamp his gimmick)
Carlito
Umaga
Now I am not saying they should throw away their main event, rather they should add these guys to the mix. Make the show better by showcasing their talent. Maybe give the title to someone new and let them run with it. Who do you think could make the main event of raw better? Or what would you do?
Back to top Go down
the instant classic
XCL Superstar
the instant classic

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Raw Main Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Main Event   Raw Main Event Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:20 am

Well i agree in many ways.

here is who and would make the main event better

As you said we have JBL.

IMO he has perfect charisma and can make some worth watching like his one with jericho even though it dragged on to long. I disagree with how you said he isnt that good in the ring and should go back to announcing cause i think he is one of the best men in the ring for entertainment during a match. With this i dont mean by athletic ability i mean watchable ability were you stay intrested the whole match. I still think he is the worst heel around today, he is controversial and extrmely cocky and thats what many fans pay to see so i think he should stay in the title picture.

John cena.

Ok first i must admit i am starting to like cena with no gold around his waist, He is a consistent, well commited worker and cuts some top promo's. But when cena is champion i personally cannot stand him. he bores me to tears as champ cause he has this whole ironman thing going but when you got top contenders like orton,JBL and HHH he is actually very entertaining and enjoyable. But i personally think he should be in the title picture but not all the time. probably two PPV main events a year. As long as he doesnt become champ then im happy cause he is entertaining when he isnt.

Y2J

He is currently in the upper mid card where he has been most his carrer but he is reaching the end of his carrer in about 5 years and he needs some more world gold around his waist. It was good to see him become undisputed champion in 2001 but that was 6 years ago and he just keeps getting ratings for WWE and in return they do jack all except give him the intercontinental title cause somebody broke the wellness program. WWE need to put Y2J in the mian event picture for about 3 months at a time were he can put on soem good matches and not become stale. The crowd love to see jericho and they would love it more if he was in the mian event except for the second match of the night.

HBK

HBK is a very talented athelete of course but h has not had a massive carrer as world champ, he is a 4 time champion and his last run in 2002 went for under a month and lost it back to HHH. HBK at his current age can still put on top class matches. Take his match with flair or his match with cena or angle at previous wrestlemanias. They have all been top class matches but WWE are using him for grudge storylines and not title hunts which is a big mistake cause he can carry young talent extremely well. Take kennedy and his fued for example. He made kennedy look so good in his matches and he deserves to hold gold let alone be more in the title picture.

HHH

Nearly everyone dislikes HHH in the title picture but i personally believe he is pretty good every once and awhile. this may be his second PPV shot at the title in a row but both times there have been more then one man involved so in a way you cant say he is not letting younger talent through. HHH has some of the best mic skills and HHH still puts on some good matches so i dont mind if he gets a shot every now and then and maybe another run as long as it is believable and does not go for to long.

Orton.

he is good as champ no question but enough is enough we need someone new, Orton is gonna end up like cena where he is suppose to get the biggest pop of the night instead he will get the loudest boo. I like orton and his in ring ability but its time for someone like JBL,Y2J,Kennedy to hold some gold. He still puts on top matches and still has not reached his peak but giving him the title for this long is suicide to his reputation in the ring and WWE all round.

kennedy

He is one of the best guys today in the WWE, He has the confidence,charisma and inr ign ability to carry and title or any match for that matter. He was being used right on smackdown when he got his shot against batista but lost and i think it was at the 2007 rumble but at least he was in the title picture. kennedy is well commited to the buissness and has proven that so WWE should let him get a couple of shots at the gold. We dont know how well he could carry world gold but we would only find out if they gave him some time with it.

I personally think guys like carlito,jeff hardy and umaga should stay in the intercontinental title picture but that might just be me. I think all these men would make on of the best title hunts in the past probably 15 years its just that WWE need to use it right and to its full potential.
Back to top Go down

Raw Main Event
Page 1 of 1