Wrestlefan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wrestlefan

By the fans, For the fans

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pointless matches on cards are annoying!

Go down 
+2
Edgecator
RatedLegend
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RatedLegend
Henchman
RatedLegend

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Empty
PostSubject: Pointless matches on cards are annoying!   Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:36 pm

i know that everyone else has noticed this but im going to go ahead and say it.

doesnt it just annoy you when there is a random match on a card where somebody who is actually a genuinly good wrestler gets Squashed by somebody who is not that good. examples are Batista, he had match after match on smackdown with MVP last month where he would keep beating MVP and that really pissed me off because MVP is a good wrestler but batista is just a botching powerhouse. yes MVP did eventually win against him but it didnt matter because MVP's reputation is damaged by batista if he loes week after week.

another one that sticks out is when Elijah burke had a random match against Batista and lost on smackdown the other month. I mean what is the point in that? Elijah is a great new WWE talent and has main-event potential so what a great way to make his reputation by jobbing to a man who cant wrestle, hmm alarm bells are ringing lol.

one more recently that sticks out is when The Great Khali Squahed Hardcore Holly on raw, what the hell is the point in that?!?! i know Khali needed to win a match but they could of made him squash somebody like Val venis instead. i like Val but he has become renoun for jobbing all the time these days. instead they make him squash one half of the world tag team champion.

does this annoy anybody else on here?
Back to top Go down
Edgecator
Henchman
Edgecator

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Pointless matches on cards are annoying!   Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:01 pm

yeah, that does get on my nerves. Most of the time, the atchs have nothing to do with the storyline. But really, it's WWE. What else would you expect?
Back to top Go down
The Glamazon
XCL Superstar
The Glamazon

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Pointless matches on cards are annoying!   Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:59 am

For me, squash matches are annoying in general... I mean whats the point in putting say Mark Henry up against a guy less than half his size, no one's enjoying it! If anything it just makes you feel sorry for the other guy.

This also makes me think of Wrestlemania though with the match between Batista (it seems he ruins everything Razz) and Umaga... Umaga beat him up the whole time. Batista didn't do his Batista Bomb (even though he attempted it and pretended that he did it when he really just fell over) and he still wins.

It is really annoying though when a great wrestler is jobbing to a less skilled wrestler because people buy their merchandise.
Back to top Go down
fatonydabronx
XCL Superstar
fatonydabronx

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pointless matches on cards are annoying!   Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:04 am

I as well Glamazon hate squash matches , like the one that happend on RAW this week , Val Venis vs Umaga , I thought maybe for once , Val may get a push , Val hasn't really been on Raw unless it was a sqush match he was in , Val also hasn't even been in a storyline since 2004 , can someone please tell me why Mcmahon won't give him a push he is very desrving and i don't see why he don't desrve a push Mad
Back to top Go down
WWEfan
XCL Superstar
WWEfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pointless matches on cards are annoying!   Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:08 am

Well, in some cases yet. It only bugs me on PPV's.

Someone brought up MVP vs Batista a while back. This is to show if they can stand beingwith a main event player. Obivously MVP can be up there, but they need to check how good they do.

I'd rather get squashed then not wrestle at all. It gives experience, and helps show they're talent.
Back to top Go down
The Glamazon
XCL Superstar
The Glamazon

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Pointless matches on cards are annoying!   Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:10 am

Quote :
I'd rather get squashed then not wrestle at all. It gives experience, and helps show they're talent.
Do you really think that's true with the no name wrestlers they use? I could understand that if it was someone that was established or someone that was chock full of steroids just the way Vince likes but can't see the smaller guys getting ahead even if they are in a televised match.
Back to top Go down
Wrestling_God
XCL Tag Team Champion
XCL Tag Team Champion
Wrestling_God

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Pointless matches on cards are annoying!   Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:38 am

I actually enjoy squash matches, as long as they are not on pay-per-view. Back in the day, that's all you could see, is squash matches, unless it was on pay-per-view. That's how you built up wrestlers on the card.

Now, the demand in wrestling has caused the WWE to adjust and all but eliminate squash matches. Now, mid-card and main event level wrestlers have to fight each other every week on tv. This actually ends up hurting some of the wrestlers, because they're put into situations like Elijah and MVP, and it kills there momentum, or makes there push less believable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pointless matches on cards are annoying!   Pointless matches on cards are annoying! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pointless matches on cards are annoying!
Page 1 of 1