Wrestlefan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wrestlefan

By the fans, For the fans

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joe's title reign - Over-rated?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RatedLegend
Henchman
RatedLegend

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Joe's title reign - Over-rated? Empty
PostSubject: Joe's title reign - Over-rated?   Joe's title reign - Over-rated? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:40 pm

For years i have been watching tna and ever since samoa joe arrived in tna i have been waiting and waiting month after month for samoe joe to finally get his hands on the tna heavyweight title. Now that he finally has the tna title it seems like the reign is over-rated and to be honest i dont really care about him holding the title, It just seems boring IMO.

Many may disagree with this but TNA made the mistake of making the fans wait too long for samoe joe to win the world title. we saw him lose in title matches time after time to kurt angle and that just burned his reputation and the way i personally saw him as a wrestler. TNA should of put the belt on joe a lot sooner than when they did and this is probably the main reason why samoe joes title reign is boring me.

Another reason the way joe won the title was boring is that everybody, and i mean everybody knew he was going to win seeing how his career was on the line and all. for me it should of been a normal match then it would of been a bit more interesting andless predictable. I just do not care about the title reign and how or when he loses it because it is just not entertaining anymore.

I know it is lame but i hope that kurt angle wins the belt off him again because when kurt angle holds it we are guaranteed entertainment and good matches(joe is good aswell lol).

IS it just me who doesnt enjoy joes title reign as much as they thought they would?

afro
Back to top Go down
Wrestling_God
XCL Tag Team Champion
XCL Tag Team Champion
Wrestling_God

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Joe's title reign - Over-rated?   Joe's title reign - Over-rated? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:45 pm

I actually agree with you. They waited far too long for Angle to drop the belt to Joe. When Angle first came to TNA he should have lost the belt to Joe in there first match.

I do also have to admit Angle is a much more entertaining champion than Joe. Joe's reign so far is forgetful. Nothing about it really stands out to me yet. I think they booked him to lose so many times after giving him this undefeated gimmick, that he just lost a lot of momentum and fire.
Back to top Go down
Flair3
Henchman
Flair3

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Joe's title reign - Over-rated?   Joe's title reign - Over-rated? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:25 am

Well personaly, im glad that Angle is no longer the champion and i dont want to see him regain the belt anytime soon. As for Joe's reign, yes, TNA have waited way to long to put the belt on him and thats why it makes his reign a little bit boaring. But to say that Angle is a more entertaining Champion, well his last reign was totaly boaring with all the outside interference he got from his wife, AJ and Tomko most of the time. That was to much Triple H's like reign. Back in the years of Evolution, Triple H held the World title for a good 10 months getting saved everytime by a member or Evolution and it got realy boaring. Thats the exact same thing that Angle did with his Angle aliance in TNA.
Back to top Go down
http://expreswrestling.20.forumer.com/
Mr. Tambourine Man
XCL Superstar
Mr. Tambourine Man

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Joe's title reign - Over-rated?   Joe's title reign - Over-rated? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:11 am

I don't think it's fair to judge Joe's reign. He's only had it for a month. He really hasn't had time to cement himself as a good or bad champion. I'm waiting at least two more months before rating his reign at all.

Samoa Joe is one of my favorite guys in wrestling. Watching his reign as ROH champion was like watching a Harley Race or Stan Hansen reign. Something really old school, that you almost never see these days, with the exception of John Cena. He just traveled the world, having great matches with everybody. Some of them even legendary, like Punk vs. Joe for instance (first US match in seven years that Dave Meltzer gave five stars). If they book Joe even half as well as ROH did, he could likely be the best champion in TNA history.

So far if there's any reason to dislike Joe's reign it's the booking team. They never seem to fail to make Joe as unlikable as possible. A couple weeks ago he trusted Kurt Angle... again. And Kurt turned on him... again. Then he got back with Nash. I mean why does THE CHAMPION need a mentor? Isn't a mentor supposed to help you get to the title? I was watching Sacrifice last night, and it just made me so angry to see Samoa Joe whining like a schoolgirl, and Nash playing the cool hero.
Back to top Go down
Wrestling_God
XCL Tag Team Champion
XCL Tag Team Champion
Wrestling_God

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Joe's title reign - Over-rated?   Joe's title reign - Over-rated? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
I was watching Sacrifice last night, and it just made me so angry to see Samoa Joe whining like a schoolgirl, and Nash playing the cool hero.

I think all of that is for a greater purpose though. I suspect they're slowly building a Joe versus Nash fued for the title. God I hope Nash doesn't win it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe's title reign - Over-rated?   Joe's title reign - Over-rated? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe's title reign - Over-rated?
Page 1 of 1